Dr. Gaj awarded a patent for Montgomery Multiplication Architecture
Dr. Gaj and Dr. Huang (University of Arkansas) have been awarded the U.S. patent no. 8,386,546 B2, entitled "Montgomery Multiplication Architecture," issued on February 26, 2013. The patent is based on the paper "New Hardware Architectures for Montgomery Modular Multiplication Algorithm," (preprint) published in the IEEE Transactions on Computers in July 2011. The patent will remain valid for 20 years, plus a patent term adjustment of 495 days, from the day of initial filing (March 1, 2010). (04/13/13)
Dr. Gaj is a member of the Program Committees of LightSec 2013, ReCoSoc 2013, CHES 2013, DSD 2013, SPACE 2013, and Asiacrypt 2013
Dr. Gaj is a member of the Program Committees for the following conferences:
- LightSec 2013: Second International Workshop on Lightweight Cryptography for Security & Privacy, to be held in Gebze, Turkey, on May 6-7, 2013
- ReCoSoC 2013: 8th International Workshop on Reconfigurable Communication-centric Systems-on-Chip, to be held in Darmstadt, Germany, on July 10-12, 2013
- CHES 2013: Workshop on Cryptographic Hardware and Embedded Systems, to be held in Santa Barbara, USA, on August 20-23, 2013
- DSD 2013: 16th Euromicro Conference on Digital System Design, to be held in Santander, Spain, on September 4-6, 2013
- SPACE 2013: 3rd International Conference on Security, Privacy, and Applied Cryptography Engineering, to be held in Kharagpur, India, on October 19-23, 2013, and
- Asiacrypt 2013: 19th Annual International Conference on the Theory and Application of Cryptology and Information Security, to be held in Bangalore, India, on December 1-5, 2013.
Microsemi SmartFusion2 SoC FPGAs SpeedWay Design Workshop
CERG students, Malik Umar Sharif and Panasayya Yalla attended the Microsemi SmartFusion2 SoC FPGAs SpeedWay Design Workshop, held in Baltimore on February 20, 2013. (02/20/13)
Phase I Option Navy Project with McQ Inc.
CERG Team is collaborating with McQ Inc. on the Phase I Option SBIR Project entitled "Distributed Storage in Wireless Mesh Networks", sponsored by USMC. The period of performance is February 19-May 31, 2013. (02/19/13)
Keccak Team at NIST
Rajesh Velegalati's Internship at Riscure
Rajesh Velegalati is conducting an internship at Riscure North America in San Francisco, CA. His work focuses on Electro Magnetic and Fault Attacks on Smart Phones. The period of the internship is from January 28 to August 16, 2013. (01/28/13).
Ekawat Homsirikamol's Internship at Acadia Optronics LLC
Ekawat Homsirikamol ("Ice") is conducting an internship at Acadia Optronics LLC in Rockville, MD. His work focuses on the Acadia's 100 Gb/s FPGA-based platforms used to enhance end-to-end data transmission security. The initial period of the internship is from January 28 to May 15, 2013. (01/28/13)
Dr. Kaps is a member of the Program Committee of (AHSA) Architectures and Hardware for Security Applications 2013
Dr. Kaps is a member of the Program Committee of the special session (AHSA) Architectures and Hardware for Security Applications at the Euromicro Conference on Digital System Design (DSD). DSD addresses all aspects of (embedded, pervasive and high-performance) digital and mixed hardware/software system engineering, down to micro-architectures, digital circuits and VLSI techniques. DSD 2013 will be held on September 4-6, 2013 in Santander, Spain. (01/21/13)